Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Further Indie Coffee Passport Adventures - around Roncesvalles/Parkdale




Image result for golden coffee shop torontoToday I made further use of my Indie Coffee Passport and checked out a hidden gem on Golden Avenue - just off Dundas West near Howard Park Avenue at 35 Golden. It's a fun building housing some interesting offices - it sure would be fun to work there. I had a cappuccino here in the "common area" which features a long table, a couch and two comfy armchairs. There is a Soma roastery/factory in this complex which I believe used to manufacture uniforms in another life. It's located at the end of the street just before the railway tracks.

After some shopping on Roncesvalles I decided what the heck why not caffeinate some more? That meant checking out the Ideal Coffee location on Sorauren Avenue. (221 to be exact). I think this used to be a different business that has been taken over by the Ideal Coffee folks - it's all to the good...

This kind of gives you a rough idea of the space but its much bigger and warmer - there's even a patio and of course they make great coffee (roast their own) and treat their staff well! I had a delicious latte here and enjoyed a breeze from the open door and the conversation between the baristas but not the garbage truck that was making its' rounds. Ha.

I also used my passport at The Strong One on Wales Avenue in Kensington Market - I have blogged about them before. On Monday I was able to sit outside and use their patio for the first time....

R.I.P. Guy Clark who I had the pleasure of hearing on a few occasions at the Edmonton Folk Festival - such a talented singer/songwriter from the Lone Star State. "Homegrown Tomatoes" is one of my favourites...look it up on You Tube..or better yet check it out here....




No comments:

Post a Comment