Monday, January 27, 2014

First Blush of Spring - Guerlain Spring 2014




Yes, I said it..the "S" word - even though it seems very far away from my current reality of the land of ice and snow, I decided I needed a little colour lift and wandered into my local Shoppers at King and John to see if any of the luxurious French lines had sprouted their spring flowers and I was happy to see the new Guerlain colours touting pink and peach for lips and cheeks and lovely pastels in eye shadows. The line is called, ahem appropriately enough "Les Meteorites" Blossom Collection -  I was particularly taken with their new blushes...a soft peachy pink called Pink Champagne and a deeper tone - "Cherry Soda" more full bodied one...(I bought the lighter shade). Was someone thirsty while naming these? LOL. The texture is silky and easy to apply directly on the cheeks by dotting as the aesthetician explained to me and blending. Fantastique!

There is also a lovely palette of eyeshadows, Les Tendres Ecrin - super sheer, feather light and very wearable. It includes a shimmery beige, minty green, subdued plum and taupe shade.



Naturellement I needed - well okay wanted a co-ordinating lipstick  and I chose the #171 Attrape Coeur and am eyeing the beautiful iridescent gloss "Stardust" - that will be hard to resist since it's also one of my favourite tunes...there is also a matching nail polish. The deeper pink shade is called "Insolence" and is also lovely.

Guerlain Meteorites Blossom Makeup Collection for Spring 2014 rouge automatique

Of course there are the lovely multi coloured magic spheres of luminessence the namesake "Meteorites"...which many have tried to duplicate but which I feel Guerlain does best..



So venture out into the cold and get yourself a little burst of Le Printemps.

No comments:

Post a Comment