Monday, July 20, 2015

Vegan Everyday by Doug McNish

Image result for vegan everyday doug mcnishOh dear, it has been so long since I've posted anything and I am long overdue to tell you about this wonderful new cookbook by one of my favourite chefs and people - our Toronto treasure Doug McNish. I also have two previous books of his " Eat Raw, Eat Well "(which is an encyclopaedia of raw food recipes) and "Raw, Quick and Delicious"...great additions to your cookbook library.

Now, it must be said I didn't think to take photos of the recipes I tried out from this new book however, even without evidence I can tell you they were delicious! Knowing me I tried out a couple of dessert recipes first..."The Chocolate Cherry Dream Bars" - which lived up to their name and the "White Chocolate Macadmia Cookies" - heavenly!!

It was time to try out a main dish and the "Sweet and Sour Tofu" was both easy and scrumptious". The "Pan Seared KIng Oyster Mushrooms with Tamari Glaze" made me feel I was in a fine dining establishment - I can't tell you how much I love King Oyster mushrooms at any time - I could have made a double order and eaten it all with some steamed brown rice! Again, the recipe was simple - the only adjustment I made was not including fresh thyme - since I didn't have any on hand.  I can't wait to try out some more recipes...

No comments:

Post a Comment